Primary school pupils cut ribbon on new South Croydon supermarket
Primary school children helped to open the doors of supermarket chain Morrisons's new South Croydon store on Saturday.
Pupils from Normanton Road school St Peter's cut the ribbon on the branch convenience store M Local.
The store, at former site of the Red Deer pub, will create 20 jobs.
Wajahat Malik, store manager, said: "We’re really pleased to be bringing Morrisons M local to South Croydon and will work hard to be at the heart of the local community.
"We really want our store to be more than a place for fresh food, we want it to be a hub for local people and local events."
- Pensioner living in 'unsuitable' hostel dies after waiting months for council to fix damp problem
- Crystal Palace pull plug on Malky Mackay appointment
- Gangster jailed for nine years after police uncover firearms haul
- Firefighters tackle Coulsdon house fire after first-floor 'consumed in flames'
- Crystal Palace FC helps girl out of prison by giving her football coaching future
Comments are closed on this article.