Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Matthews Yard at risk of closure with £100k debts
- Three cleared of Danny Gough axe murder
- Closure of Purley Pool postponed
- VIDEO: Train struggles through the flood water which ruined commutes across south London this weekend
- Ambulance drivers to walk out this week over pay dispute