Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Alcoholism partly to blame for woman's death in Lewisham, coroner hears
- Surge in begging arrests after police crackdown in Croydon
- Police investigating after man hurt in major Thornton Heath fire
- Gang member who kidnapped men from homes and tortured them jailed for 20 years
- Croydon Council needs Kenley homeowners help with flooding survey