Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train
- UPDATE: Man critically injured in Thornton Heath attempted murder stabbing
- Single machine blamed for 96% of gambling addicts' major losses
- Man dies in hospital after crashing car into a tree
- Croydon Tramlink suspended after early morning house fire - lines now re-opened