Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Council to launch High Court legal action in bid to stop 'dangerous' Croydon Cruise
- CBeebies stars sign up for Croydon panto
- Political heavyweights and best sellers line up for Dulwich Literary Festival
- Boundary commission slaps down Conservative proposals to cut number of Croydon councillors
- 'Long term future' of nurseries could be at risk from proposed flat-rate funding, London Councils warns