Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Repeat offender spared jail after pleading guilty to New Addington driving offences
- Political map of Croydon 'certain to change' in upcoming boundary review
- Lorry driver, 48, bailed after death of cyclist in Croydon
- Police officer who acted as decoy to catch prolific sex attacker dies aged 100
- 'Grave concerns' for boy missing with mother for a year as High Court judge issues appeal