Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Bungling burglar caught by victims, forgets his glasses and crashes his car as he flees police
- Hog roast and real ale on the menu at opening of Coulsdon butchers
- Beddington incinerator battle boils over to a higher court
- Burglar jailed for breaking into church rectory and stealing collection cash and priest's whiskey and wine
- Bishop of Croydon appointed chair of 'fairness commission'