Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Father spared jail after crashing car and injuring children before assaulting ex-girlfriend
- These filthy restaurant pictures will put you off your dinner: The owner has to pay £24,122 for breaking food hygiene rules
- Croydon children told where they will be going to primary school
- Monks Hill Sports Centre is back in business and open for public use
- Lib Dem who opposed Sutton Council's incinerator plan suspended