PICTURES: Shoppers see in the year of the horse at Whitgift Centre's Chinese New Year celebrations
A traditional Chinese Lion dance enthralled the crowds. Shoppers enjoyed the spectacle at the Whitgift Centre in Croydon. Picture by Glenn Foster http://tinyurl.com/GlennFoster
Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Welsh international rugby star 'attacked glamour model and former Miss Wales' at Dane Bowers's Croydon house
- Alleged drug dealers appear in court over Daniel Spargo-Mabbs death
- Croydon Village Outlet employee 'sexually assaulted woman in store'
- Crime in Croydon falls by nearly 10 per cent - new figures
- Basketball star Luol Deng to run summer camp in Crystal Palace
Comments are closed on this article.