Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Sports car spins on M25 near Leatherhead
- Driver in hospital after two cars crash in Selsdon
- Objectors could seek judicial review on controversial South Norwood Oasis Academy Arena school decision
- Sci-fi filmmakers turn Croydon College into a hospital
- Future Shorts film festival in Croydon for first time