London Mayor Boris Johnson meets Kenley flood victims
Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Crime in Croydon falls by nearly 10 per cent - new figures
- Basketball star Luol Deng to run summer camp in Crystal Palace
- Human remains unearthed at house are 'probably Saxon'
- Crystal Palace chaplain hails miraculous season for Eagles
- Neighbours of Norbury fire death pensioner describe 'dreadful' scene
Comments are closed on this article.