Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Inquest to be opened today for the victims of Westminster terror attack
- Surrey Street Market moves to new location
- Brand new GP hub opening in Central Croydon
- Fire blazes through house with no smoke alarms
- VIDEO: CCTV released of man who touched himself in front of two underage girls