Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Sham marriages trial collapses over claims immigration officials lied in court
- VIDEO: Large fire breaks out at tower in Croydon town centre
- Ed Miliband promises votes for teenagers and to address racial inequality if he wins election
- Discover what life was like in Croydon during Roman times