Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Sutton and Croydon's best and worst-performing schools revealed
- Woman fined for 'horrendous' dumping of rubbish outside her home
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- Two wanted in connection to burglary and series of thefts
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?