Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Crystal Palace transfer day: After Mutch excitement Pardew confirms Ameobi deal
- Shadow minister unveils sexual violence prevention plan after hearing about oral sex attack
- Croydon schools' grades suffer in 'nonsense' league tables
- Warning of snow and ice across Greater London and Surrey
- Free comedy night launches in the restaurant quarter