Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Council services for Christmas
- Police constables who failed to find wife's brutal killing cleared of gross incompetence
- VIDEO: Spectacular footage shows 565-tonne bridge edged into place above speeding trains
- Buy takeaways to avoid blazes, firefighters tell drinkers
- 'Help us bring Christmas to hospital for heart-op Danny'