Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey
- Film festival organisers promise this year will be best ever
- Calling all young fashion designers: Croydon launches brand competition
- First picture of elderly man killed by lorry in Croydon released by police
- Hammer attacker jailed after stealing pizza delivery moped and using it as getaway vehicle