London Mayor Boris Johnson meets Kenley flood victims
Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- 'Our lives fell apart completely': Parents of Daniel Spargo-Mabbs tell court of devastation after drugs death
- Drug dealer who sold Daniel Sparg-Mabbs fatal ecstasy jailed for five years
- Vomit is key piece of evidence in violent thug's trial
- Nine projects shortlisted for Crystal Palace Park £2.4m improvements programme
- Fresh appeal over teen DJ murder
Comments are closed on this article.