London Mayor Boris Johnson meets Kenley flood victims
Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Council criticised for failing to take action at danger junction
- Acclaimed playwright to bring Daniel Spargo-Mabbs's death to stage in play performed by former schoolmates
- One Direction boys perform at primary school - sort of
- Short-changed Croydon schools to get £278 extra per pupil from Government
- Jail for burglar caught after public tipped off police
Comments are closed on this article.