Homes have been evacuated in Purley because of the flooding in the area.
Residents from a block of flats and a care home in Dale Road were helped out of their homes by Croydon Council and firefighters.
This was a precautionary measure due to water overflowing from the Bourne river.
Eighteen people are in a temporary rest centre at the council's headquarters in Bernard Weatherill House, Mint Walk, Croydon.
Four people made their own arrangements to stay with relatives.
The evacuation happened at around 12:30am this morning.
A council spokesman said: "This was a small-scale evacuation which went ahead very smoothly thanks to the help of the Fire Brigade and the Red Cross.
"Our staff have been working around the clock to provide information and assistance to anyone who needs it.”
- Going cheap: Gothic 11 bedroom mansion with 'child's spaceship' in the attic knocks £250k off its £3.25m price tag
- Army recruiter guilty of sexually attacking cadets in Croydon
- Scouts helped with amputations, spotted bombs and made shelters during Second World War
- Arrested dealer tries to hide his drugs up his bottom for 21 days - before finally passing the evidence to cops
- ELECTION 2015: How her babies' fight for life and a song from The Mikado shaped Labour's Croydon Central candidate Sarah Jones