Homes have been evacuated in Purley because of the flooding in the area.
Residents from a block of flats and a care home in Dale Road were helped out of their homes by Croydon Council and firefighters.
This was a precautionary measure due to water overflowing from the Bourne river.
Eighteen people are in a temporary rest centre at the council's headquarters in Bernard Weatherill House, Mint Walk, Croydon.
Four people made their own arrangements to stay with relatives.
The evacuation happened at around 12:30am this morning.
A council spokesman said: "This was a small-scale evacuation which went ahead very smoothly thanks to the help of the Fire Brigade and the Red Cross.
"Our staff have been working around the clock to provide information and assistance to anyone who needs it.”
- Crystal Palace urged to pay staff London Living Wage by Sadiq Khan
- Croydon mum to run distance between Gatwick and Orlando to raise funds for children's charity
- 'They've no compassion': Mother of severely disabled child's battle with council over suitable home
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know
- UPDATE: 'vulnerable' missing mum and her two sons found safe and well