Homes have been evacuated in Purley because of the flooding in the area.
Residents from a block of flats and a care home in Dale Road were helped out of their homes by Croydon Council and firefighters.
This was a precautionary measure due to water overflowing from the Bourne river.
Eighteen people are in a temporary rest centre at the council's headquarters in Bernard Weatherill House, Mint Walk, Croydon.
Four people made their own arrangements to stay with relatives.
The evacuation happened at around 12:30am this morning.
A council spokesman said: "This was a small-scale evacuation which went ahead very smoothly thanks to the help of the Fire Brigade and the Red Cross.
"Our staff have been working around the clock to provide information and assistance to anyone who needs it.”
- 'Operation Juddering Climax': Boris promises Sutton tram extension in colourful sign-off message
- Croydon cat killer crusaders urge supporters to stop sending 'abusive' messages to Ricky Gervais
- MP Chris Philp 'fails to understand' how first home buyers cannot afford a £10,000 deposit
- History teacher at Leatherhead school has vision saved by revolutionary gene therapy treatment
- Reunited: Puppy back with family five months after being snatched outside New Addington supermarket