Homes have been evacuated in Purley because of the flooding in the area.
Residents from a block of flats and a care home in Dale Road were helped out of their homes by Croydon Council and firefighters.
This was a precautionary measure due to water overflowing from the Bourne river.
Eighteen people are in a temporary rest centre at the council's headquarters in Bernard Weatherill House, Mint Walk, Croydon.
Four people made their own arrangements to stay with relatives.
The evacuation happened at around 12:30am this morning.
A council spokesman said: "This was a small-scale evacuation which went ahead very smoothly thanks to the help of the Fire Brigade and the Red Cross.
"Our staff have been working around the clock to provide information and assistance to anyone who needs it.”
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- 'Residents be damned' - Croydon Council pushes 1,000-home development plan despite mounting pressure
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Bridge joint replacement to close M25 between Chertsey and Cobham next weekend
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers