Homes have been evacuated in Purley because of the flooding in the area.
Residents from a block of flats and a care home in Dale Road were helped out of their homes by Croydon Council and firefighters.
This was a precautionary measure due to water overflowing from the Bourne river.
Eighteen people are in a temporary rest centre at the council's headquarters in Bernard Weatherill House, Mint Walk, Croydon.
Four people made their own arrangements to stay with relatives.
The evacuation happened at around 12:30am this morning.
A council spokesman said: "This was a small-scale evacuation which went ahead very smoothly thanks to the help of the Fire Brigade and the Red Cross.
"Our staff have been working around the clock to provide information and assistance to anyone who needs it.”
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Drug that reverses ageing may be available to buy in three years
- You're wheelie stupid: 'Idiot' kids getting high off fumes from burning bins
- Red Nose Day 2017: Show us how you're having a laugh for Comic Relief
- American victim of Wednesday's terror attack named as Kurt Cochran