Fast food shop in Thornton Heath closed after mice infestation
A fried chicken shop has been forced to close after inspectors found evidence of mice infestation.
Flame Flavours, in Thornton Heath, was inspected by the council’s food safety team on February 11.
According to the Food Standards Agency it received a rating of one in its last inspection in 2012.
Officers found evidence of rodent infestation, poor cleaning, absence of cleaning materials and no record of safe practices.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “An inspection on Tuesday, 11 February, left the council’s food safety team with no alternative than to order the immediate closure of Flames Flavours, Thornton Road, Thornton Heath.
“The premises remains closed pending a further inspection and officers being satisfied the infestation has been dealt with.”
- Journeys to be disrupted as London Bridge station closes for a week
- Man in his 50's dies after being hit by a car
- Croydon-based firm backs the Underwear Rule
- Cricketer Mark Butcher and celebrity chef Cyrus Todiwala are world food fest special guests
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
Comments are closed on this article.