A fried chicken shop has been forced to close after inspectors found evidence of mice infestation.
Flame Flavours, in Thornton Heath, was inspected by the council’s food safety team on February 11.
According to the Food Standards Agency it received a rating of one in its last inspection in 2012.
Officers found evidence of rodent infestation, poor cleaning, absence of cleaning materials and no record of safe practices.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “An inspection on Tuesday, 11 February, left the council’s food safety team with no alternative than to order the immediate closure of Flames Flavours, Thornton Road, Thornton Heath.
“The premises remains closed pending a further inspection and officers being satisfied the infestation has been dealt with.”
- GALLERY: Your photos of Storm Doris chaos
- Storm Doris: police cordon off road as metal frame on high building comes loose in strong winds
- Thornton Heath's only KFC closes doors for good - upsetting fried chicken lovers in the area
- Doris Day travel disruptions: Here’s where to avoid
- Storm Doris: Women treated by paramedics after tree falls on her car