A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Newsagent in New Addington robbed at knifepoint as staff collect newspaper bundles
- Thugs guilty of community centre murder after brutally attacking father-of-two sitting quietly at computer
- Kevin Costner films scenes for Hollywood blockbuster in family-run Croydon shop
- Flood fears after £3m restaurant quarter redevelopment works
- Trains disrupted after 'explosion' on tracks near East Croydon station