A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Memorial plaques stolen from cemeteries, scrap metal dealer denies all knowledge
- Carer caught stealing from elderly woman after son hides CCTV camera in smoke alarm
- Reduction in waste and lorries as new incinerator plans approved
- Work finally starts on Ruskin Square's 'East Croydon gateway'
- Woman who died at Wimbledon station was Croydon teenager