A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- UPDATE: Lorry spillage causes TWO crashes on A23 Purley Way
- POLL: Ahead of Article 50 triggering Brexit, how would you vote if EU referendum was held NOW?
- Beloved community radio station to leave airwaves
- NEW POUND COIN: Send your photos of 12-sided £1 and guess what 'secret' security feature is
- Man attacked with machete at Norbury station