A man called the fire brigade after overrunning a bath.
Firefighters from Woodside station were called at about midnight last night to reports of flooding at a family home in Davidson Road, Addiscombe.
They found a man in his 20s, who lived with his parents, had turned on the bath taps and forgotten about them.
The fire crew switched off the electrics but no damage was done to the house.
Firefighter Jim Parrish said: "I think the son had just run a bath and forgotten about it.
"It was a bit silly really. They probably could have just mopped it up themselves."
- Closure of Purley Pool postponed
- Friday's flooding still causing disruption on Thameslink services through Sutton
- 'Extremely prolific' burglar jailed after eagle-eyed PC ended his south London and Surrey burglary spree
- Violent robbers who pinned a man to the floor before stealing his bank card are jailed
- VIDEO: Crystal Palace cheerleader gives insight into life and The Crystals in Londoners film project