Firefighters will be showcasing their rescue skills this Saturday.
Shoppers in the town centre will be able to watch firefighters use specialist cutting equipment to rescue people from smashed up cars in a simulated traffic accident.
Firefighters will also be offering road safety advice.
Crew manager Daniel Foster who will be at the event said: “London Fire Brigade is called to around ten road traffic accidents every day which is why it’s vital to have regular opportunities to practise our rescue skills.
“Croydon shoppers will get front row seats to this unique spectacle, as our crews use hydraulic equipment to cut up the cars and rescue people from inside it.”
The rescue will take place at North End, the area between the Whitgift Centre and Centrale, at 11am and the event will last until 3pm.
- Croydon girl has starring role in Royal Institution Christmas lectures
- The Apprentice final showdown with Croydon's Bianca Miller hoping for £250,000 tights investment
- Elderly man hit by car in Caterham
- Crystal Palace FC urged to 'think again' over charging children to be mascots
- Council services for Christmas