Firefighters will be showcasing their rescue skills this Saturday.
Shoppers in the town centre will be able to watch firefighters use specialist cutting equipment to rescue people from smashed up cars in a simulated traffic accident.
Firefighters will also be offering road safety advice.
Crew manager Daniel Foster who will be at the event said: “London Fire Brigade is called to around ten road traffic accidents every day which is why it’s vital to have regular opportunities to practise our rescue skills.
“Croydon shoppers will get front row seats to this unique spectacle, as our crews use hydraulic equipment to cut up the cars and rescue people from inside it.”
The rescue will take place at North End, the area between the Whitgift Centre and Centrale, at 11am and the event will last until 3pm.
- Hit-and-run thug who mowed down and killed policeman caught playing Xbox Live in prison 'using Cop Killer tag'
- Man dies after flat fire in Croydon
- Commuters face travel chaos as Southern Rail cancels more than 1,000 services due to strike
- Fears grow for missing teenage girl last seen leaving Croydon University Hospital
- 50 jobs to come to south Croydon as builders merchant opens new warehouse