Firefighters to showcase rescue skills in Croydon town centre
Firefighters will be showcasing their rescue skills this Saturday.
Shoppers in the town centre will be able to watch firefighters use specialist cutting equipment to rescue people from smashed up cars in a simulated traffic accident.
Firefighters will also be offering road safety advice.
Crew manager Daniel Foster who will be at the event said: “London Fire Brigade is called to around ten road traffic accidents every day which is why it’s vital to have regular opportunities to practise our rescue skills.
“Croydon shoppers will get front row seats to this unique spectacle, as our crews use hydraulic equipment to cut up the cars and rescue people from inside it.”
The rescue will take place at North End, the area between the Whitgift Centre and Centrale, at 11am and the event will last until 3pm.
- Pensioner living in 'unsuitable' hostel dies after waiting months for council to fix damp problem
- Crystal Palace pull plug on Malky Mackay appointment
- Gangster jailed for nine years after police uncover firearms haul
- Firefighters tackle Coulsdon house fire after first-floor 'consumed in flames'
- Crystal Palace FC helps girl out of prison by giving her football coaching future
Comments are closed on this article.