Firefighters will be showcasing their rescue skills this Saturday.
Shoppers in the town centre will be able to watch firefighters use specialist cutting equipment to rescue people from smashed up cars in a simulated traffic accident.
Firefighters will also be offering road safety advice.
Crew manager Daniel Foster who will be at the event said: “London Fire Brigade is called to around ten road traffic accidents every day which is why it’s vital to have regular opportunities to practise our rescue skills.
“Croydon shoppers will get front row seats to this unique spectacle, as our crews use hydraulic equipment to cut up the cars and rescue people from inside it.”
The rescue will take place at North End, the area between the Whitgift Centre and Centrale, at 11am and the event will last until 3pm.
- Burglar who raided Crystal Palace football stadium, schools and restaurants jailed for two years
- Interview: Pop Idol Gareth Gates gets ready for panto
- UK Border Agency building in Croydon evacuated over 'suspicious package'
- Zone 4 Croydon: Conservative politicians pushing Boris Johnson to support Zone 4 campaign
- Find out where and when you can park for a pound this Christmas