Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- Social housing tenants could be required to live in Croydon for three years before getting on waiting list
- Croydon's health services 'need fairer funding deal'
- Private developer takes over plans to build 500 homes on former council HQ site
- Man jailed for raping Thornton Heath mum as her kids slept in the next room
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?