Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- Whose land is it anyway? Anger over 'filthy' fly tipping in conservation area that no one takes responsibility for
- Croydon NHS Trust removed from financial special measures but remains £30 million in the red
- IN PICTURES: Thornton Heath grime star Stormzy's impromptu gig this lunchtime