Councillor Mike Fisher toured the area to hand out cheques for £1,000 to small businesses which were flooded or suffered a severe drop in trade.
The money is in addition to a three month business rate relief.
And the council also said there will be a three month council tax exemption for every home that has had to evacuate.
Coun Fisher said: “I want to re-extend my sympathy to those people who will be spending the coming few months getting their homes and businesses back in order.
“Hopefully the financial assistance we are able to offer will go some way to helping with this work.”
- Former Croydon teacher charged with 17 child sex offences
- Croydon social worker suspended for threatening to 'smack vulnerable boy in the mouth'
- Police believe missing Epsom teenage sisters may be in South Norwood
- Interview: Ridley Scott’s son Luke prepares to hit the big time with directorial debut Morgan
- 'Oldest person in Croydon' dies aged 107