The council’s war against illegal subletters has seen three properties freed up to families.
Croydon Council launched an amnesty which ran throughout February.
It meant tenants illegally subletting their council homes were able to come forward with the promise no further action would be taken against them.
The campaign was part of a drive to crack down on tenancy fraud.
Councillor Dudley Mead, the council's cabinet member for housing, said: “We’re delighted with the successful outcome of the amnesty.
“But those who think they can get away with illegally subletting their home need to think again.”
To report any suspected illegal subletting call the anti-fraud hotline on 0800 328 9270 or visit croydon.gov.uk/housingfraud.
- This summer’s Croydon Food and Music will be the biggest ever
- Hotel evacuated due to fire in kitchen
- Watch the video that shows there could be something special waiting in the wings at Crystal Palace
- This is how your views are changing the face of Thornton Heath
- This advert has taken a Croydon poet’s career to the next level