The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Three arrested after man, 23, stabbed in South Norwood
- Councillors fear £1.4bn shopping mall could look too much like shopping mall
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- Senior Croydon Council officer confirmed as temporary boss
- Busted: Massive £100k cannabis factory uncovered after Purley drugs swoop