The 50-year-old former Liverpool star put youngsters through their paces in a penalty shoot-out in High Street and dished out prizes for the best.
The silky-skilled sportsman was in town for a family fun day held by financial firm Western Union.
A steel band, face painting and games were also on offer.
- Mobile phone crime wave suspects to appear in court
- Croydon Council denies ice cream ban
- Norwood Junction cafe fighting closure battle after nine years service
- Murderer of teen DJ Carl Beatson-Asiedu jailed for life
- Barwell steals lead in latest Ashcroft poll with days left until election