A motorcyclist was flung 60ft away from his bike in a crash which left him with serious pelvic and leg injuries.
The man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was in collision with a car near the Dollond & Aitchison opticians in London Road, Thornton Heath, yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene near Croydon University Hospital at about 3.40pm.
After being treated at the roadside the biker was taken to Kings College Hospital by road ambulance.
- Eddie Izzard 'suffered homophobic abuse' from fellow Crystal Palace fan at FA Cup final
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig
- No-longer-legal highs: Everything you need to know about the ban
- Romeo and Juliet review: Esher's Lily James mesmerises in the West End
- Weather: Hot hot hot but don't get out the socks and sandals just yet, as weekend to be hit by rain