Former footballer Fabrice Muamba tells pupils about brush with death at Oasis Academy in Coulsdon
School pupils got the chance to meet former Premier League star Fabrice Muamba last week.
Students from Oasis Academy in Coulsdon attended a celebration lunch in Birmingham as part of the Oasis National Awards.
Ex-Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas, who is now at Sky Sports News, was also at the ceremony.
Muamba spoke about his life since he suffered a cardiac arrest during a match against Tottenham Hotspur and the impact it has had along with the amount of support he has received from people around the world.
Year 10 student Conor Warmough won the Academy Sports Award. Other award winners included Mitchell Heyden, Mollie Penfold, Hannah McFall and Masisie Carpenter.
Steve Chalke, founder of Oasis, said: “It's great to give students the opportunity to meet others from Oasis Academies across the country and to hear about all the amazing achievements of our young people.”
- Fifty Shades of Grey - watch the trailer
- Army regiment moving to Croydon
- Man jumps to death to escape attackers after being falsely accused of theft
- Croydon facing 'complex' health challenges, top doc says
- Teenagers jailed for knifepoint robbery crime spree
Comments are closed on this article.