School pupils got the chance to meet former Premier League star Fabrice Muamba last week.
Students from Oasis Academy in Coulsdon attended a celebration lunch in Birmingham as part of the Oasis National Awards.
Ex-Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas, who is now at Sky Sports News, was also at the ceremony.
Muamba spoke about his life since he suffered a cardiac arrest during a match against Tottenham Hotspur and the impact it has had along with the amount of support he has received from people around the world.
Year 10 student Conor Warmough won the Academy Sports Award. Other award winners included Mitchell Heyden, Mollie Penfold, Hannah McFall and Masisie Carpenter.
Steve Chalke, founder of Oasis, said: “It's great to give students the opportunity to meet others from Oasis Academies across the country and to hear about all the amazing achievements of our young people.”
- Thornton Heath teenager caught with terrorist handbook at Stansted Airport on way to fight for Isis in Syria
- Commuter hell: See if you're travelling to work on one of the most overcrowded trains in the country
- Grime star Stormzy takes over Thorpe Park for his birthday
- £10,000 raised to fly home body of Brazilian teenager who drowned while staying with dad in Croydon
- RMT rail union announces five-day train strike in dispute with Southern