Pick up your dog mess, walkers warned by Croydon Council
Croydon Council has launched a new tactic to remind dog walkers to pick up after their pooches.
The council has painted bright yellow pavement stencils with a message saying pick up or pay up.
Stencils have been drawn on 20 known dog-fouling spots as the council increase enforcement patrols.
The council believe dog fouling is a major issue in some parts of the borough along with littering and fly tipping.
Councillor Simon Hoar, cabinet member for community safety and public protection said: “Anyone who owns and walks a dog should always carry a supply of bags with them.
“Those owners who think it’s OK to just walk away after their dog has been to the toilet need to think about the way they are spoiling everyone else’s enjoyment of the area.
“If they get caught they’ll soon feel the pain of a fine and the possibility of an expensive prosecution.”
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- Motorbiker in hospital after crash near hospital
- Married couple jailed for £188,000 benefit scam
- Killer remains on the run - call 999 if you see Jurius Tarasov
- Passengers urged to plan an alternative route due to London Bridge station rebuild
Comments are closed on this article.