An 18-year-old man has been arrested after a fight outside Coulsdon College left a student in hospital with head injuries.
A 17-year-old boy was treated by paramedics, who were called to Placehouse Lane just before 4.30pm yesterday before taking him to a south London hospital.
The 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault on a route 466 bus shortly after and remains in custody.
The injured boy left hospital yesterday.
Steve Gooch, assistant principal, said he did not believe the arrested man was a Coulsdon College student.
He said: "One of our students was assaulted by some people from outside the college.
"It was definitely an isolated incident. It was after the end of the college day
"The police are dealing with it but as far as I'm aware the people they arrested were not college students."
- Pregnant woman subjected to 'threatening and disgusting abuse' on Southern train
- UPDATE: Man critically injured in Thornton Heath attempted murder stabbing
- Single machine blamed for 96% of gambling addicts' major losses
- Man dies in hospital after crashing car into a tree
- Croydon Tramlink suspended after early morning house fire - lines now re-opened