An 18-year-old man has been arrested after a fight outside Coulsdon College left a student in hospital with head injuries.
A 17-year-old boy was treated by paramedics, who were called to Placehouse Lane just before 4.30pm yesterday before taking him to a south London hospital.
The 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault on a route 466 bus shortly after and remains in custody.
The injured boy left hospital yesterday.
Steve Gooch, assistant principal, said he did not believe the arrested man was a Coulsdon College student.
He said: "One of our students was assaulted by some people from outside the college.
"It was definitely an isolated incident. It was after the end of the college day
"The police are dealing with it but as far as I'm aware the people they arrested were not college students."
- Film fans furious after cinema screens Bridget Jones for hearing-impaired viewers - but forgets to turn on subtitles
- Cyclist rushed to hospital after Shirley crash
- Man knocked unconscious in 'assault on security guard' in Croydon town centre
- 'Fake Sheikh' reporter wanted to be 'swashbuckling hero' in Tulisa trial, court hears
- 'They think we are terrorists, they think we are evil': How the Turkish military coup changed the lives of a Croydon community