Teenager arrested after fight outside Coulsdon College leaves student in hospital
An 18-year-old man has been arrested after a fight outside Coulsdon College left a student in hospital with head injuries.
A 17-year-old boy was treated by paramedics, who were called to Placehouse Lane just before 4.30pm yesterday before taking him to a south London hospital.
The 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault on a route 466 bus shortly after and remains in custody.
The injured boy left hospital yesterday.
Steve Gooch, assistant principal, said he did not believe the arrested man was a Coulsdon College student.
He said: "One of our students was assaulted by some people from outside the college.
"It was definitely an isolated incident. It was after the end of the college day
"The police are dealing with it but as far as I'm aware the people they arrested were not college students."
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- Motorbiker in hospital after crash near hospital
- Married couple jailed for £188,000 benefit scam
- Killer remains on the run - call 999 if you see Jurius Tarasov
- Passengers urged to plan an alternative route due to London Bridge station rebuild