Ed Miliband was in New Addington today as he launched Labour’s local elections campaign.
The Doncaster MP and leader of the Labour Party visited the estate which is expected to be an important battleground ahead of the local elections on May 22.
Mr Miliband made a speech and held a question and answer session at the Addington Community Centre in Central Parade.
Ed Miliband speaking in New Addington
Emma Reynolds, Labour’s Shadow Housing Minister, Sadiq Khan Labour’s Shadow Minister for London and Claude Moreas who is the deputy leader of the Labour Group of MEPs also attended the event.
Sarah Jones, who will be standing against Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell in the next general election tweeted: “Real policies, real solutions from @Ed_Miliband to tackle the housing crisis. Local Tories have nothing to say.”
Croydon Labour Party also tweeted: “Brilliant to have @Ed_Miliband in New Addington launching the #Croydon council election campaign.”
Miliband speaking at the Addington Community Centre
- Bill presented to Parliament to stop Lee Valley park tax on south Londoners after this website's campaign
- Police appeal for help tracing missing teenager
- First woman Met Police Commissioner announced
- Gender pay gap? More like gender pay gulf as millennial women set to be £50,000 poorer than men
- London Fire Brigade reveals cause of Croydon flat fire