Seared Tuna steaks and white wine
2:02pm Friday 17th August 2012 in Freetime
The current Brompton Wine Special Offer is for a mixed case from Sicily combining 6 bottles of white Insolia di Sicilia and 6 bottles of red Nero d’Avola - click here to download your voucher .
To go with it, we’ve opted for a tuna steak recipe that really couldn’t be more simple, more delicious, or more classically Mediterranean - and if it’s looking sunny outside, you can even slap it on the BBQ.
The red Nero d’avola is a bit too full to make it a good match with a Tuna steak, but the white Insolia di Sicilia is absolutely perfect!
• 2 x 150g/5oz tuna steaks
• pinch sea salt
• Pepper to taste
• 1 clove of crushed garlic
• 1 teaspoon of chopped oregano
• drizzle extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Marinate tuna steaks in olive oil, crushed garlic, chopped oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a heavy-based frying pan on high and cook each steak in turn until browned on both sides (Apx 30seconds / side).
4. Place steaks on roasting tray and heat in oven for 1-3 minutes (or until only slightly pink in the centre.
5. Serve with a wedge of lemon, and a good twist of cracked black pepper.