Where to watch the fireworks in Kingston, Chessington and Surbiton
5:00am Tuesday 29th October 2013 in Leisure
Fireworks organisers will hope the stormy weather is gone by the time they launch thousands of pounds worth of pyrotechnics into the sky next weekend, writes Alessia Nava.
The firework display at the Kingstonian Stadium will return again this year, jointly run by Kingston Rotary Club and Kingston Round Table.
In previous years a Bond soundtrack played out as fireworks leapt into the sky.
The event will also have a funfair with chioldren's rides, refreshments and music from Radio Jackie DJs. The money made will go to local charities.
Tolworth will also have its own display at St George's Church in Hamilton Avenue, with a friendly firework evening including hot dogs, hot chocolates, sparklers and braziers.
Surbiton will also host its annual firework exhibition, with a bonfire to be lit half an hour before the show starts. Burgers, hot dogs, soups and cakes will also be sold.
On the other side of the borough, St Philip’s School in Chessington will have music, hot BBQ food, refreshments and a big raffle to be concluded with a spectacular pyrotechnic show in the school grounds.
- Kingston upon Thames Round Table & Rotary Club Fireworks Display; Kingsmeadow Stadium; Friday November 1, gates open at 6.30pm, fireworks at 8pm (last entry at 7.45pm); £5 adults adv, £3 children adv (5-11 years); www.kingstonfireworks.co.uk
- Chessington and Hook Football Ground, Chalky Lane, Saturday, November 2, gates open at 6pm, display starts at 7.30pm, adults £7, Children (4-16) £3. Call 07981 911403 for more information or visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCmGF-nKp9M
- Fireworks Party; St Philips School, Harrow Close, Chessington; November 3, from 5.30pm to 7pm; £5 adults, free for under 5, £15 family (2 adults + up to 3 children); 020 8397 2672 for more info.
- Community firework Night: St George's Church, Hamilton Avenue, Tolworth; Tuesday, November 5, from 6.30pm to 8pm; £3.50 adults, free for under 16; call Ian Mole on 020 8391 5682 for more info.
- Surbiton Family Fun Fireworks Display Berrylands Scout Hut, Stirling Walk, Surbiton; Tuesday, November 5, gates open at 6.30pm, bonfire at 7.30pm, fireworks at 8pm; £7 adults, £4 children; www.berrylandsscoutgroup.co.uk, 020 8399 6747.
Got a fireworks display we missed? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed on this article.