Woman treated after meat pie microwave fire in Lansdowne Road, Croydon
9:01am Friday 11th January 2013 in News
A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after her microwave caught fire while cooking.
Firefighters were called to the flat in Lansdowne Road, Croydon at 10.05pm yesterday.
The occupant was treated by the London Ambulance Service at the scene and taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.
Its is believed the fire started after the woman's meat pie overcooked causing the microwave to catch fire.
A firefighter said the small fire was under control within minutes he added: "When microwaves go the smells is pretty bad."