Centrale pledges support to youth charity with £5,000 donation
The owners of Centrale shopping centre have pledged their support to youth projects in Croydon by donating £5,000 to Surrey clubs for Young People (SCFYP).
The charity recently expanded its work to support 13 clubs across Croydon and the new partnership aims to enable youths in Surrey to access a range of exciting and challenging opportunities.
Sonny Mistou, marketing manager at Centrale Shopping Centre said: "We chose to support SCFYP as we are committed to helping local causes that benefit our community.
"We are looking hold a variety of fundraising events throughout the year from Zombie walks at Halloween to present wrapping at Christmas."
SCFYP has been supporting youth clubs in the borough since 1947, and the charity recently won a Sport England Bronze award for its work in Croydon clubs.
Joyce Quinnell, chief executive of SCFYP, said: "We are really excited to have the support of Centrale as it is a fantastic opportunity for us.
"The centre is a great role model for other businesses across the borough to take their lead and support the young people of our community."
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Two taken to hospital after bedroom fire in South Norwood
- Labour leader Ed Miliband sends message of support to riot victims at Riot from Wrong screening
- Palace fans raise thousands ahead of charity walk to Stamford Bridge
- Croydon Champions mascot named Caring Dog of the Year by RSPCA
Comments are closed on this article.