Man 'stabbed in neck' in Croydon town centre
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Croydon town centre.
Police and paramedics were called Park Lane, close to Fairfield Halls, at 1.50pm today after reports of a man with face injuries.
A witness said the victim had been stabbed in the neck, but this has not been confirmed by police.
Two ambulance crews and a London Ambulance duty officer were sent to the scene and a man in his 50s was treated for a stab wound, before being taken to hospital as a priority.
The area is currently cordoned off and police officers remain at the scene making enquiries.
A witness said: "One minute three guys were sat on the bench, the next there was an ambulance there."
Did you see what happened? Contact the newsdesk on 0208 722 6353 or email Hannah Williamson.
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Two taken to hospital after bedroom fire in South Norwood
- Labour leader Ed Miliband sends message of support to riot victims at Riot from Wrong screening
- Palace fans raise thousands ahead of charity walk to Stamford Bridge
- Croydon Champions mascot named Caring Dog of the Year by RSPCA
Comments are closed on this article.