Shirley twins who rejected football careers get 17 A*s in GCSEs
Identical twins who turned down offers to join a League One football club to concentrate on their studies grabbed 17 A* GCSE results between them.
Nick and Dan Thompson, both of whom already have a long list of achievements in sports including basketball, rugby and football, were ecstatic with the astounding results they got at Trinity School, Shirley.
Nick, who aims to be a doctor, received 8 A* grades while Dan, who wants to become an investment banker, earned 9 A* grades.
The twins were both approached by Notts County FC for scholarships, but both boys declined with the intention of continuing their studies.
The twins' dad Guy Thompson said despite their close results and being twins, the boys did not compete with each other and were happy for each other.
They also both passed A-level maths.
Both hope to study at Cambridge after completing their A-levels.
- Man pleads guilty to flashing at schoolgirl on West Croydon train
- Croydon players suspended over football match fixing allegations
- Interview: Rough Copy warn fans they are not safe ahead of semi-final showdown
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- VIDEO: Palace fans 'hurled glasses at Brighton rivals' in mass brawl, court hears
Comments are closed on this article.