Shirley twins who rejected football careers get 17 A*s in GCSEs
Identical twins who turned down offers to join a League One football club to concentrate on their studies grabbed 17 A* GCSE results between them.
Nick and Dan Thompson, both of whom already have a long list of achievements in sports including basketball, rugby and football, were ecstatic with the astounding results they got at Trinity School, Shirley.
Nick, who aims to be a doctor, received 8 A* grades while Dan, who wants to become an investment banker, earned 9 A* grades.
The twins were both approached by Notts County FC for scholarships, but both boys declined with the intention of continuing their studies.
The twins' dad Guy Thompson said despite their close results and being twins, the boys did not compete with each other and were happy for each other.
They also both passed A-level maths.
Both hope to study at Cambridge after completing their A-levels.
- Tell council to clear flytipping and fix potholes with smartphone app
- Primary school spaces demand leaves dozens without a place
- 'Outstanding' academy celebrates transformation
- Cousin of murdered teen leads tributes at youth project event
- Trams suspended due to overhead cable fault
Comments are closed on this article.