Travellers spotted in Purley Way, Waddon
A group of travellers thought to have been evicted from numerous sites in Sutton are believed to have set up camp in Waddon.
One resident who did not want to be named, said: "The site was empty but it had metal gates secured by a lock, that must have been broken.
"My partner said she noticed them [the travellers] at about 1pm. We have mentioned to the council in the past that we thought we had seen travellers looking at the site."
A spokesman for Croydon Council said: “We have received reports of travellers in Purley Way and are taking action to move them on.”
In April, the Council said it would use court injunctions as part of a tougher stance against illegal camps.
- Coulsdon drama teacher is voice of new Harry Potter character
- Interview: Rough Copy dream of Croydon homecoming gig and life after X-Factor
- Driver arrested over 78-year-old's crash death
- Tell council to clear flytipping and fix potholes with smartphone app
- Primary school spaces demand leaves dozens without a place
Comments are closed on this article.