Jerome McDonald guilty of killing Janelle Duncan Bailey and dumping body in boot
A man who killed the mother of his son before dumping her body in the boot of his car, has been found not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter.
Jerome McDonald was accused of strangling his ex-partner Janelle Duncan-Bailey, after a fight at his home in Fairlands Avenue, Thornton Heath in the early hours of January 2.
The dad-of-three killed the 25-year-old special needs school nurse after she revealed to his new girlfriend he was the father of her two-year-old son, Khamal.
The 31-year-old then dumped Miss Duncan-Bailey's body in his car book, before posing as a concerned friend as her family and police frantically searched for her.
During the hearing McDonald said he had pushed Miss Duncan-Bailey away as she attacked him with a hammer, causing her to fall and fatally bang her head.
He will be sentenced at the Old Bailey tomorrow afternoon.
- Man pleads guilty to flashing at schoolgirl on West Croydon train
- Croydon players suspended over football match fixing allegations
- Interview: Rough Copy warn fans they are not safe ahead of semi-final showdown
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- VIDEO: Palace fans 'hurled glasses at Brighton rivals' in mass brawl, court hears
Comments are closed on this article.