VIDEO: Crystal Palace fans queue up to get their hands on some footballing history
The club had refurbished the Main Stand before the start of the season which included ripping out all the seats, which in some cases had been there since the 1920s, and putting in new ones.
Season ticket holders had the option to buy the old seats but on Saturday all supporters were invited to queue up and get their seat, which cost £20.
Co-Chairman Stephen Browett said: “Palace fans turned out in big numbers on Saturday to buy some of the original seats from the main stand at Selhurst Park.
“Supporting Palace is something that many fans have done all their lives and often their parents and grandparents did before them.
“For many of us there is an emotional attachment to the club so it’s special to be able to own a seat that has been a physical part of the club for nearly a century.”
- Palace fans raise thousands ahead of charity walk to Stamford Bridge
- Croydon Champions mascot named Caring Dog of the Year by RSPCA
- Youths to transform Crystal Palace park with digital re-brand
- Rough Copy column: Vote for us and send us through to the X Factor final
- It is getting festive at Surrey Street Market
Comments are closed on this article.