Conference to champion playing in Croydon
A lottery-funded conference is to be held in Croydon - to encourage the borough to play more.
Play for Life and Learning, at the Hilton hotel in Waddon Way on Friday September 27, will promote the importance of fun and games for everyone, rather than just young children.
Guests - including representatives from housing, social and youth services as well as schools, libraries and residents' associations - will be encouraged to comment on Croydon's current play strategy.
Play England's Stuart Lester will deliver the keynote speech, following an introduction from Mayor of Croydon Yvette Hopley and Chris Hennis, director of New Addington-based community children's group Play Place Innov8.
The conference, financed by a grant from the Big Lottery, will last from 10am to 3pm. To book a place, email Terrie Martyn at email@example.com or ring 0208 684 7800.
- Old toilet block sold for £97,000
- Car crushed by fallen tree in New Addington
- Communities Secretary Eric Pickles will not call in Westfield and Hammerson's plans
- Fairfield Halls appoints five apprentices and are looking for one more
- Charity to open its door to older people facing Christmas alone
Comments are closed on this article.