A new primary school will open in South Croydon next September as the council tackle the shortage of school places.
Harris Academy Haling Park, in Kendra Hall Road, will create 60 reception places when it opens in 2014, and the school will grow as new year reception classes join.
Admissions for next September are open and parents can apply in the same way as for other schools in Croydon.
Changes to the education system by secretary of state Michael Gove mean newly created schools must be an acadamy or free school, both of which are outside of council control.
There is already a consultation on the Harris Federation's proposals for running the school, and parents are able to put forward their views, ideas, comments or suggestions for the academy.
Executive Principal Sir Robin Bosher said: "We are delighted to have been asked by the Council to run this new primary school for South Croydon families.
"It opens in a year's time but we are already hard at work developing our plans for it.
An information meeting where parents can find out more, will be held on September 26, at 6.30pm in the Council Chamber.
The consultation closes on October 18.
- Beloved community radio station to leave airwaves
- Traffic: Road closed after lorry spillage near Croydon
- NEW POUND COIN: Send your photos of 12-sided £1 and guess what 'secret' security feature is
- Man attacked with machete at Norbury station
- Urgent appeal to find missing elderly woman who is 'easily confused'