Two children taken to hospital after being hit by car in Purley
Two children were rushed to hospital yesterday after being hit by a car in Purley.
The boy and girl - both 11-years-old - suffered non life threatening injuries in the accident.
It happened on Brighton Road at about 4.40pm.
Police and the paramedics were called to the scene, as well as London's Air Ambulance.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said a single responder in a car and two ambulance crews attended.
She said: "Our staff treated two patients, an 11-year-old girl for a leg injury and back pain and an 11-year-old boy for head injuries and hand injuries.
"Both were taken to St George's Hospital by ambulance and were escorted by a doctor from the Air Ambulance."
Road closures were put in place by officers who attended the incident, which involved a grey Toyota Corolla.
No arrests were made and the road reopened shortly before 8pm.
- Judge in rent boy murder trial says he will accept majority verdict
- Fresh appeal by police investigating riots murder
- Former Crystal Palace, Carshalton Athletic and Sutton United players appear in court for match fixing hearing
- Man critically ill after rescue from Norbury flat fire
- Architects invited to register interest in designing new Crystal Palace
Comments are closed on this article.