Two children taken to hospital after being hit by car in Purley
Two children were rushed to hospital yesterday after being hit by a car in Purley.
The boy and girl - both 11-years-old - suffered non life threatening injuries in the accident.
It happened on Brighton Road at about 4.40pm.
Police and the paramedics were called to the scene, as well as London's Air Ambulance.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said a single responder in a car and two ambulance crews attended.
She said: "Our staff treated two patients, an 11-year-old girl for a leg injury and back pain and an 11-year-old boy for head injuries and hand injuries.
"Both were taken to St George's Hospital by ambulance and were escorted by a doctor from the Air Ambulance."
Road closures were put in place by officers who attended the incident, which involved a grey Toyota Corolla.
No arrests were made and the road reopened shortly before 8pm.
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
- Pioneering care worker awarded for iPad patient treatment
- VIDEO: Croydon High School turns into a winter wonderland
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
- Police spied on anti-apartheid protesters in Croydon
Comments are closed on this article.