Sainsbury's evacuated after fire in Whitgift Centre car park in Croydon
Firefighters have extinguished a car fire in an underground car park at the Whitgift Centre.
Crews from Norbury and Mitcham fire stations who were called to the scene at 3.28pm, had the blaze under control within half an hour and the fire was fully extinguished shortly afterwards.
Customers were temporarily evacuated from the Sainsbury's supermarket next to the car park as a precaution, but have since been allowed to return to the store.
The front of the car has been completely destroyed in the blaze.
- Danny Gough murder accused: 'I made threats to kill but did not carry them out'
- Emaciated dog found burnt in a bin
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Health group to help residents get best of health and social care services in Croydon
Comments are closed on this article.