It's October, so why have the Christmas lights gone up already in New Addington?
Christmas may still be 12 weeks away but for one resident preparations are well underway for the festive season.
Alex Hopkinson, 33, of New Addington, is already beginning to put his lights up as he looks to unveil a Christmas decoration extravaganza on December 3.
Mr Hopkinson is putting up the lights at his mother’s house in memory of his dad Derek who passed away ten years ago.
His mum, Gene, and dad used to put up the lights at their house in King Henry’s Drive every year since 1984.
They are raising money for St Christopher’s Hospice.
Mr Hopkinson said: “My dad passed away on February 6 2004 at St Christopher’s, that is who we are fundraising for this year.
“This time round we are having the outline of the house in white. We have also got some choir children and we will have sleigh and reindeers on the roof.
“It is one of the best times of the year. We will have a great time. Christmas is great as we are all together.
“We haven’t done a fundraiser like this before so hopefully we can raise as much money as possible.”
- Croydon Champions mascot named Caring Dog of the Year by RSPCA
- Youths to transform Crystal Palace park with digital re-brand
- Rough Copy column: Vote for us and send us through to the X Factor final
- It is getting festive at Surrey Street Market
- Man pleads guilty to flashing at schoolgirl on West Croydon train
Comments are closed on this article.