Man arrested for assault after car crash closes Croydon flyover
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault after a car crash this morning closed the Croydon flyover and left a 58-year-old fighting for his life.
Paramedics were fighting to save the 58-year-old, who was found in cardiac arrest after the collision between two cars at 9.45am, above the Old Town roundabout.
London Ambulance Service said its paramedics made "extensive efforts" to resuscitate him was he was taken to Croydon University Hospital.
Lanes in both directions were closed by police but the eastbound lane has now reopened.
Officers who attended the crash arrested the man at the scene.
TfL said the 154 and X26 bus routes would be diverted while the westbound lane remain closed.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police's Traffic Investigation Unit remain on the scene.
- Attacker who disappeared following release from prison arrested
- Suspected illegal immigrant arrested during routine traffic stop in Thornton Heath
- Man, 78, dies after being hit by car in South Norwood
- Sacked worker given backing from top e-cigarette firm in landmark case
- Did you spot the giant yellow men in Croydon?
Comments are closed on this article.