Man arrested for assault after car crash closes Croydon flyover
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault after a car crash this morning closed the Croydon flyover and left a 58-year-old fighting for his life.
Paramedics were fighting to save the 58-year-old, who was found in cardiac arrest after the collision between two cars at 9.45am, above the Old Town roundabout.
London Ambulance Service said its paramedics made "extensive efforts" to resuscitate him was he was taken to Croydon University Hospital.
Lanes in both directions were closed by police but the eastbound lane has now reopened.
Officers who attended the crash arrested the man at the scene.
TfL said the 154 and X26 bus routes would be diverted while the westbound lane remain closed.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police's Traffic Investigation Unit remain on the scene.
- Paedophile jailed after sex letter mistakenly sent to neighbour
- Sisters call for law change after £1.3m payout man died penniless
- Nearly 300 people tested for HIV using mobile clinic
- Five charged after sawn-off shotgun found in car
- Robbers smash through patio doors to steal cash
Comments are closed on this article.