Man, 45, dies after being hit by car in Coulsdon
A 45-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in Coulsdon.
The pedestrian was struck by a silver Ford Fiesta in Stoats Nest Road just after 8pm yesterday.
He was taken to St George's Hospital in Tooting but died soon afterwards.
The man has not yet been formally identified but police are understood to know who he is. His next of kin have yet to be been informed.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and has not been arrested.
The Metropolitan Police's road death unit is continuing to investigate the collision. Stoats Nest Road was closed for several hours following the crash.
A spokesperson for the London Ambulance Service said: “Staff treated one patient man reported to be in 40s for a head injury.
"He was also in cardiac arrest and was taken as priority to the major trauma centre at St George’s Hospital.”
- Three injured after bus crashes on Croydon Flyover
- Man killed in South Norwood road crash named as Alan Jepp
- Croydon opens book of condolence for Nelson Mandela
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
Comments are closed on this article.