Croydon surgeon receives NHS Hero award
A surgeon has been named an NHS Hero after helping reconstruct a burglary victim’s face.
Mehmet Manisali, who works as a surgeon at Croydon University Hospital, was given the award after being nominated by a patient.
Mr Manisali helped rebuild Shereen Sadiq’s face after she suffered serious injuries during a burglary.
Over a period of four years the surgeon carried out a series of complex operations on Mrs Sadiq.
He also hold a weekly clinic for people with facial deformities as well as seeing patients who need facial reconstruction.
Mr Manisali said: "It is very humbling to be presented with this award and very special to me as being nominated by one of your patients makes it a very personal and emotional experience.
“The progress made by Shereen and the other patients I see at Croydon is made possible by the rest of my team who support them every step of the way. I have to pay a huge amount of credit to them all.”
- Rough Copy to discover X Factor final fate tonight
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Two taken to hospital after bedroom fire in South Norwood
- Labour leader Ed Miliband sends message of support to riot victims at Riot from Wrong screening
- Palace fans raise thousands ahead of charity walk to Stamford Bridge
Comments are closed on this article.