Croydon woman arrested on suspicion of Sussex seaside murder has bail extended
A woman arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of an elderly man from Croydon at a seaside beauty spot, has had her bail extended.
The body of John Gilbert of the Waldrons, Waddon, was found at Cuckmere Haven, Seven Sisters Country Park near Seaford at 2.30am on Friday September 6.
Mystery continues to surround exactly how the 76-year-old died as police are still awaiting toxicology results, after an initial post-mortem examination was inconclusive.
Officers are investigating whether Mr Gilbert was killed in a suicide pact gone wrong. It is believed Mr Gilbert and the woman he was travelling with had been staying in Brighton and had travelled form the popular seaside town to the park by bus.
The 78-year-old woman, who is also from Croydon, was treated at Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, prior to her arrest after suffering minor injuries in the incident.
A spokeswoman for Sussex Police said: "A 78-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder was due to answer bail on October 10, but this has been extended until 7 November."
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Health group to help residents get best of health and social care services in Croydon
- Paedophile jailed after sex letter mistakenly sent to neighbour
- Sisters call for law change after £1.3m payout man died penniless