Croydon at the heart of children's festive story
A children's Christmas book has gone on sale with Croydon at the heart of the story.
"Santa is Coming to Croydon" details Santa's journey from the North Pole to houses across the borough, to deliver presents on Christmas Eve.
During his journey Santa spies iconic landmarks including the Croydon Minster, Whitgift Centre, Fairfield Halls and Lloyd Park.
The book, published by Hometown World is part of a series of "Santa is Coming" stories.
A spokeswoman for the publishers says a book was written about Croydon because of the borough's large population and high proportion of children.
She said: "We chose Croydon because of there are a lot of families there. The editor then researched the borough, choosing the most iconic buildings in the area to include in the story."
The story is for children aged between four and eight and can be bought in The Works, Croydon and costs £4.99.
- Man pleads guilty to flashing at schoolgirl on West Croydon train
- Croydon players suspended over football match fixing allegations
- Interview: Rough Copy warn fans they are not safe ahead of semi-final showdown
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- VIDEO: Palace fans 'hurled glasses at Brighton rivals' in mass brawl, court hears
Comments are closed on this article.