Mayor helps Purley cancer charity celebrate 30th birthday
Mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley joined over 200 members of the South East Cancer Help Centre (SECHC) to celebrate its 30th anniversary.
The celebration titled Nostalgia, celebrated the work of the centre since its launch as a self-help group in Caterham in 1983, to today's services offered at its centre in the Tesco Development, Purley and at Croydon University Hospital.
As well as performances from SECHC's choir and drama group, guests enjoyed a Spanish themed meal before watching a flurry of petticoats and red lace as the SECHC CanCan dance group performed.
Chairwoman Jennifer Mollett said: "I think the evening was a fantastic way to celebrate all we have achieved over the past 30 years. Here’s to the next 30."
The charity was selected as the Mayor's charity of the year and provides a range of therapies to members including yoga, Tai Chi, relaxation and arts and crafts.
For more information visit sechc.org.uk or call 0208 668 0974
- More Croydon residents get into Christmas spirit with dazzling displays
- Teen shot with Taser by police over false gun claims
- Crystal Palace Transition Town to launch community guide
- Attacker who disappeared following release from prison arrested
- Suspected illegal immigrant arrested during routine traffic stop in Thornton Heath
Comments are closed on this article.