Mayor helps Purley cancer charity celebrate 30th birthday
Mayor of Croydon Councillor Yvette Hopley joined over 200 members of the South East Cancer Help Centre (SECHC) to celebrate its 30th anniversary.
The celebration titled Nostalgia, celebrated the work of the centre since its launch as a self-help group in Caterham in 1983, to today's services offered at its centre in the Tesco Development, Purley and at Croydon University Hospital.
As well as performances from SECHC's choir and drama group, guests enjoyed a Spanish themed meal before watching a flurry of petticoats and red lace as the SECHC CanCan dance group performed.
Chairwoman Jennifer Mollett said: "I think the evening was a fantastic way to celebrate all we have achieved over the past 30 years. Here’s to the next 30."
The charity was selected as the Mayor's charity of the year and provides a range of therapies to members including yoga, Tai Chi, relaxation and arts and crafts.
For more information visit sechc.org.uk or call 0208 668 0974
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
- Police spied on anti-apartheid protesters in Croydon
- Teen accused of killing schoolboy on bus tells court he was 'a bully'
- Cyclist taken to hospital after collision with car in Croydon Old Town
- Crystal Palace ponders new 'Palace Pound' currency
Comments are closed on this article.