Sweet treats mark the re-launch of cake shop
A cupcake party and cake decorating session were among activities to mark the re-launch of a cake shop.
The owners of One of A Kind Cake Co and Tasteful Cakes both in Coulsdon, merged their businesses and celebrated with the event on Saturday, October 19.
Tracey Newton opened One of A Kind Cake Co three-and-a-half-years ago after deciding she would love to open her own bespoke cake shop.
After meeting Christina Geourgiou of Tasteful Cakes at a wedding fayre the pair decided to work together.
To celebrate the collaboration a full day of activities took place at the shop in Brighton Road, with a children's cupcake party in the morning and free cake decorating demonstrations.
Ms Geourgiou, a former pastry chef at Claridge's, taught guests how to create a large sugar rose, how to create model faces, as well as a surprise demo.
Ms Newton said: "Our work is completely different but we complement each other perfectly.
"Cakes I would not do, she does and equally I do work that she wouldn't take on.
"We believe we have a great future together."
- Couple who met on 01/02/03 get married on 11/12/13
- Police spied on anti-apartheid protesters in Croydon
- Teen accused of killing schoolboy on bus tells court he was 'a bully'
- Cyclist taken to hospital after collision with car in Croydon Old Town
- Crystal Palace ponders new 'Palace Pound' currency
Comments are closed on this article.