Vote for charities to receive cash benefits
Three charities are in line to receive a cash boost after Chelsea Building Society put £1,000 up for grabs.
Residents are invited to make their vote count as part of new initiative Charity Choices, rolled out by the building society.
The scheme launched in the Croydon branch in George Street on October 25 and the three charities set to benefit are Croydon Sickle Cell and Thalassemia Support Group, HomeStart which promotes the welfare of families and the South East Cancer Help Centre.
Voting will last for a fortnight and the votes received by each charity will determine how much money each receives.
The charity with the most votes will receive £500, the second most will most will receive £300 and the third most £200.
Lee Austin, manager of the Croydon branch said: "The charities benefiting are all important to our local community so it’s great that the final decision will be placed in the hands of our members to decide how the money will be split."
The vote is open to all members of the public and votes can be cast at the Chelsea Building Society in George Street until November 8.
- Coulsdon drama teacher is voice of new Harry Potter character
- Interview: Rough Copy dream of Croydon homecoming gig and life after X-Factor
- Driver arrested over 78-year-old's crash death
- Tell council to clear flytipping and fix potholes with smartphone app
- Primary school spaces demand leaves dozens without a place
Comments are closed on this article.