Leaking waste pipe causes Croydon University Hospital ceiling collapse
Part of Croydon University Hospital has been shut off after a leaking waste pipe caused the ceiling to collapse.
The hospital's catheter suite reception has been sealed off and will be deep cleaned after part of its ceiling caved in.
No one was hurt in the incident, at around 8.30am on Monday.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust said: "Part of ceiling above the catheter suite reception area was damaged on Monday due to a leak in a pipe.
"The area was vacated and immediately sealed off. Our maintenance teams are making repairs and the suite should be in full use on Thursday, following a deep clean.
"The catheter suite is visited by a small number of non-urgent patients each day, who have been given new appointments for when the repairs are finished.
"We will continue to work with neighbouring trusts on alternative arrangements for any urgent in-patients if the need arises."
Did you see the ceiling collapse? Call the Croydon Guardian newsdesk on 020 8722 6351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Environment agency warns of gales and flooding this weekend
- Community groups and schools among those benefitting from old council furniture
- VIDEO: Girl's song tribute for father battling cancer
- Pantomime dame meets glamour boys
- Dangerous driver faces jail for killing PC Andy Duncan in hit-and-run
Comments are closed on this article.