Leaking waste pipe causes Croydon University Hospital ceiling collapse
Part of Croydon University Hospital has been shut off after a leaking waste pipe caused the ceiling to collapse.
The hospital's catheter suite reception has been sealed off and will be deep cleaned after part of its ceiling caved in.
No one was hurt in the incident, at around 8.30am on Monday.
A spokesman for Croydon Health Services NHS Trust said: "Part of ceiling above the catheter suite reception area was damaged on Monday due to a leak in a pipe.
"The area was vacated and immediately sealed off. Our maintenance teams are making repairs and the suite should be in full use on Thursday, following a deep clean.
"The catheter suite is visited by a small number of non-urgent patients each day, who have been given new appointments for when the repairs are finished.
"We will continue to work with neighbouring trusts on alternative arrangements for any urgent in-patients if the need arises."
Did you see the ceiling collapse? Call the Croydon Guardian newsdesk on 020 8722 6351 or email email@example.com.
- Palace fans raise thousands ahead of charity walk to Stamford Bridge
- Croydon Champions mascot named Caring Dog of the Year by RSPCA
- Youths to transform Crystal Palace park with digital re-brand
- Rough Copy column: Vote for us and send us through to the X Factor final
- It is getting festive at Surrey Street Market
Comments are closed on this article.