Firework thrown through family's letterbox in South Norwood
Firefighters have issued warnings about the potentially fatal consequences of throwing fireworks through letterboxes.
Crews from Woodside and Beckenham fire stations were called to an address in Penge Road in South Norwood, at 10pm yesterday (October 31) after a firework was thrown through the letter box.
Five percent damage was caused to the property after the rocket landed in the kitchen.
Witnesses reported seeing children in the vicinity around the time of the incident and police are police were called to the scene and are investigating.
White watch manager, Danny Kelly from Woodside fire station said: "The damage to the property wasn't that bad but the potential was there.
"There was a family at home with three little kids and if they had been in the room with the rocket it could have been very different.
"I would urge people to go to organised firework displays and not to mess about with fireworks."
Firefighters fitted smoke alarms in the property, a service that is free of charge. For more information on a home fire safety visit go to london-fire.gov.uk
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- Two footballers charged with match fixing
- More Croydon residents get into Christmas spirit with dazzling displays
- Teen shot with Taser by police over false gun claims
- Crystal Palace Transition Town to launch community guide
Comments are closed on this article.