Purley must invest or we will fail, warns Purley Business Association
The Purley Business Association (PBA) have announced plans for the town to get a Business Improvement District (BID) status.
At an open meeting next week, the PBA will discuss their aims to get BID status within the next 18 months.
Simon Cripps, Chairman of the PBA will give a presentation to local business owners the proposal that such a scheme is imperative for the town to survive and grow.
Mr Cripps said: "In business you cannot afford to stay still, you either grow or fail, much is the same with business districts such as Purley. We must invest and grow or we will fail."
Speaking about the investment by Westfield and Hammerson in the town centre, Mr Cripps added: "If the town is going to get an increase of through traffic then we need to make the place appealing to gain any benefit, if not there is a good chance business could be taken away from the town."
The open meeting is taking place at the Jolly Farmers pub on December 10 at 6.30pm and will be followed by a social meeting of local business owners for a Christmas get together.
For more information visit purleybusiness.co.uk or call Simon Cripps on 0203 137 1826.
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
Comments are closed on this article.