Man, 78, dies after being hit by car in South Norwood
A 78-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in South Norwood.
He was struck crossing Portland Road at around 5pm on Sunday.
Police today confirmed the man, who was hit by a Volkswagen Golf, has now died.
The collision occured at the junction of Dundee Road.
The driver of the car, a 42-year-old man, was not arrested.
The man is the sixth person to die on Croydon's roads since August and the 14th this year.
The Metropolitan Police's Road Death Investigation Unit at Catford are investigating and appealed for witnesses to call 020 8285 1574.
Did you know the man who died? Call the newsdesk on 0208 722 6351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police to visit pawn shops in stolen goods crackdown
- Flaming flytipped rubbish in Addiscombe
- International rugby star 'attacked glamour model and former Miss Wales' at Dane Bowers's Croydon house
- Alleged drug dealers appear in court over Daniel Spargo-Mabbs death
- Croydon Village Outlet employee 'sexually assaulted woman in store'
Comments are closed on this article.