Man, 78, dies after being hit by car in South Norwood
A 78-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in South Norwood.
He was struck crossing Portland Road at around 5pm on Sunday.
Police today confirmed the man, who was hit by a Volkswagen Golf, has now died.
The collision occured at the junction of Dundee Road.
The driver of the car, a 42-year-old man, was not arrested.
The man is the sixth person to die on Croydon's roads since August and the 14th this year.
The Metropolitan Police's Road Death Investigation Unit at Catford are investigating and appealed for witnesses to call 020 8285 1574.
Did you know the man who died? Call the newsdesk on 0208 722 6351 or email email@example.com
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
- Polish man who committed more than 81 burglaries arrested on a European Arrest Warrant
Comments are closed on this article.