Man killed in South Norwood road crash named as Allen Jepp
A man who died after being hit by a car in South Norwood has been named as Allen Jepp.
Emergency services were called to a collision involving a car and a pedestrian on Portland Road at the junction with Woodside Avenue at about 5pm on December 1.
The 78-year-old, of South Norwood, was taken to hospital where he died on December 2.
Mr Jepp's next of kin have been informed of his death and an inquest was opened and adjourned at Croydon Coroner's Court on Wednesday.
A post mortem examination is due to be held at Croydon mortuary today.
The car involved in the collision a silver Volkswagen golf, stopped at the scene. The 42-year-old male driver, was not arrested at the scene but will be assisting police with their enquiries.
The Road Death Investigation Unit at Catford are investigating. Witnesses or anyone with information can contact the unit on 020 8285 1574.
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
Comments are closed on this article.