Two taken to hospital after bedroom fire in South Norwood

Croydon Guardian: Crews from Woodside, Norbury and Croydon fire stations attended the fire Crews from Woodside, Norbury and Croydon fire stations attended the fire

Two men were taken to hospital after a bedroom fire in South Norwood.

Crews from Woodside, Norbury and Croydon fire stations were called to the fire at a flat in Ross Road at 12.30am.

Firefighter Sharp from Woodside fire station said the fire was started by a discarded cigarette, which set alight papers and rubbish in a metal waste bin.

She said: "Everyone was out before we arrived but two males were removed to hospital for observation.

"They had a smoke alarm but the battery was taken out, so we fitted new smoke alarms in the property."

The bedroom suffered 30 percent fire damage and 50 percent smoke damage in the blaze.

Crews left the scene at 1.30am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree