Made in Chelsea and TOWIE join forces for Coulsdon toddler with leukaemia
Reality TV stars pitched in to help raise hundreds of pounds for a Coulsdon toddler with leukaemia.
Jamie Lang, star of Made in Chelsea and heir to the McVitie's biscuit empire, joined Chloe Sims from the Only Way is Essex to turn on the Christmas lights at Precious Moments beauty salon in Brighton Road.
The fundraiser was held for local toddler Ellie Billings, two, whose mum Debra Perrott is a customer.
The celebrity duo drew more than 300 people to the salon, generating more than £1,000 in donations to the Rainbow Trust, a charity that supports terminally ill children.
Stephen Jones, 47, owner of the salon, said: "The event was inspired by little Ellie who is only two and has leukaemia.
"We met her when she came with her mother to our Macmillan coffee morning, and was so great in dealing with her illness that we decided to hold the event."
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
Comments are closed on this article.