Sainsbury's Crystal Palace asks shoppers to donate food for Christmas appeal
Sainsbury’s Crystal Palace are encouraging people to get into the festive spirit by donating food items towards their Christmas appeal.
The store has teamed up with Young London Today as they look to organise an event for those who are struggling this Christmas.
Customers are being asked to add an extra item to their shopping which can be used for a buffet. Non perishable foods are preferable.
Families in crisis, elderly people who are living on their own and homeless teenagers will be invited to the event.
A Sainsbury’s spokeswoman said: “We would like to thank all our customers for the generosity throughout the year you have given our charity partners.
“We you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy happy 2014.”
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
- Polish man who committed more than 81 burglaries arrested on a European Arrest Warrant
- Mum stabbed by neighbour in front of baby after row about it crying
Comments are closed on this article.