Sainsbury's Crystal Palace asks shoppers to donate food for Christmas appeal
Sainsbury’s Crystal Palace are encouraging people to get into the festive spirit by donating food items towards their Christmas appeal.
The store has teamed up with Young London Today as they look to organise an event for those who are struggling this Christmas.
Customers are being asked to add an extra item to their shopping which can be used for a buffet. Non perishable foods are preferable.
Families in crisis, elderly people who are living on their own and homeless teenagers will be invited to the event.
A Sainsbury’s spokeswoman said: “We would like to thank all our customers for the generosity throughout the year you have given our charity partners.
“We you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy happy 2014.”
- Firefighters showcase rescue skills in Croydon
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers
Comments are closed on this article.